[alberg30] Alberg Typhoon

finnus505 at aol.com finnus505 at aol.com
Fri Jun 9 16:20:35 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/8/00 1:30:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time, rap1208 at aol.com
writes:

<< cott, I've lead a sheltered life, I've never heard of a wooden Typhoon, I
 thought they were all fiberglass.  All the ones I've seen were, at least.
 Why would anyone build one in wood?    Mahone Bay is a pretty little place!

 Russ Pfeiffer >>

Hi Russ,Scott,

I don't think Cape Dory ever built wooden boats.  If you have seen a wooden
boat with the same dimensions as the glass Typhoon, the most likelly
explanation might be that Alberg designed the boat in wood, and then Cape
Dory later bought the plans and made a fiberglass production version.  My
Alberg 22 was built in Ontario in glass, in the '70s.  In 1957, Alberg
designed a 22 foot wooden boat, an article about which was in Yachtng, that
year.  Allen Nye Scott hired Alberg to draw a glass version of the hull, with
a modernized deck layout and rig, years later.

who knows?
Lee

Porsche Boxter. You and a friend. Nine dream days from
Napa Valley to Beverly Hills. Provided by CarsDirect.com.
Click to enter.
http://click.egroups.com/1/4882/8/_/476031/_/960592838/