[alberg30] polishing the hull

Jack Vanderloo jvdloo at sympatico.ca
Sun Jun 11 15:09:34 PDT 2000

Joe,
Let me add a little to what Lee has said in terms of making the polishing process
a tittle easier.
Can't recall where I read it but there's a neat rig you can set up to take the
weight off the polisher.  Works as follows:
Need two blocks that one can lash to any place along the rigged lifelines and
that can thus be moved fore and aft at will.  Reeve a line up from the polisher
to the first block to the second block and then attach an appropriately padded
counterweight equal (roughly) to the weight of the polisher.  Evidently, it takes
all the strain off the process of holding and moving the polisher over a fairly
large area of the topsides.  Move and retie the blocks fore or aft when moving to
the next section of the topsides.
FWIW.
Jack
KC 641