[alberg30] grabrails

Bob Johns rjohns3 at optonline.net
Wed Jun 14 08:20:02 PDT 2000

>    Mine were half the size of the inside ones also. West M has
>replacemtns  very resonably priced given the current price of teak. (5
>loop). Andante#152
>
>On 6/14/2000 at 9:05 AM dan walker wrote:
>
>   i just removed the grabrails on the port side    to reseat them to fix
>a leak. the interior rail is much stouter than the    exterior rail. is
>this from thirty plus years of sanding/varnishing/wear, or    should they
>be smaller   dan

Al and Dan,

I replaced my exterior grab rails last year. West carries 5 loop grab
rails, but they weren't the same size as the ones on my A30. I ended up
having them custom made in California by a company called H & L.  They cost
about $75 each and they did a nice job. I had them made without the bolt
holes drilled because the hole spacing is not uniform and I didn't want to
enlarge the holes  in the cabintop. I sent them a sketch that I made in
ClarisWorks on my computer (Mac). I could email you the file if you also
have a Mac or send you a hard copy. I would compare it to your  boat before
using it. They may differ.

Regards,
	Bob

Take 20 friends to Vegas on New Year's courtesy of Expedia.com.
Win the airfare, a suite at Bellagio and $15,000. Or win 2 roundtrip
tickets anywhere in the U.S. given away daily. Click for a chance to win.
http://click.egroups.com/1/5294/8/_/476031/_/960996017/