[alberg30] grabrails-solution

alberg30 alberg30 at interactive.net
Wed Jun 14 19:11:19 PDT 2000

Dan:

I have an article for the Mainsheet coming up in which I describe a fix to this situation. My rails were in the same condition as what you described. Basically I put the exterior rails inside and the interior outside. I put decorative ropework around the weaker rails, and then covered the ropework with  varnish and then resin. The result is quite stout-and salty and saved the cost of new rails. The exterior rails now look brand new.

Article will be printed soon, there's not much to it, just drawings of ropework and some finished photos.

Good luck;

Joe #499
"One Less Traveled"