[alberg30] steering wheel

Scott Wallace tristan at one.net
Sat Jun 17 10:58:52 PDT 2000

My Pearson Electra has a compass built into a special hatch board that slides
in the hatch board slides...it is centered in the middle and has an electrical
connection for night sailing...I have thought about installing it on the port
side above the bridge deck on the bulkhead...

Scott

rap1208 at aol.com wrote:

> Just a comment about that compass in the bridge deck.  Trash it and install
> two bulkhead compasses.  The bridgedeck location involves deviation,
> especially under power, and the shift in sight is not condussive to good
> steering.  A lot easier to hold a course if you only have to shift your eves
> a little, not turn your head and lose sight of where you are going.
> Russ

> TRAVEL FOR PENNIES ON THE DOLLAR! Get dozens of the best travel agents
> competing for your business with our new FREE service.

Free Conference Calling with Firetalk!
Host your next egroup meeting live on Firetalk.
Click here!
http://click.egroups.com/1/5478/8/_/476031/_/961264750/