[alberg30] steering wheel

sandersm at aol.com sandersm at aol.com
Sun Jun 18 16:01:29 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/17/00 2:02:53 PM, rap1208 at aol.com writes:

<< Just a comment about that compass in the bridge deck.  Trash it and
install
two bulkhead compasses.  The bridgedeck location involves deviation,
especially under power, and the shift in sight is not condussive to good
steering. >>

To follow up on a query I had made of the group:  That bridgedeck compass
well is just the right size for mounting a Garmin 128 or similar GPS head.
Mine (perhaps all) even had an electric socket at the rear of the well, so
connecting it was a snap.  It's my one modern accoutrement on my
otherwise-Spartan vessel.  (This, from a guy who still swings a sounding
lead.)

Sanders McNew
WILD ELF  # 297
Oyster Bay, New York

Would you like to save big on your phone bill -- and keep on saving
more each month? Join beMANY! Our huge buying group gives you Long Distance
rates which fall monthly, plus an extra $60 in FREE calls!
http://click.egroups.com/1/2567/8/_/476031/_/961369299/