[alberg30] Transducer Mounting

miabarchet at aol.com miabarchet at aol.com
Thu Jun 22 15:08:43 PDT 2000

Russ,
 How would you compare the accuracy of a shoot-thru versus a thru-hull
mounted transducer?  Is there a special transducer used for shoot-thru
mounting?  I assume the hull on our A30's is solid (does not have a core).  I
saw in the West Marine Catalog page 102 a Standard Horizon in-hull puck
transducer. Is anyone familiar with this type? Certainly mounting inside the
hull would be preferable to me rather than fairing out horizontal surfaces
inside and outside the hull to mount a thru-hull transducer as long as the
trade off in accuracy is not to great.

Thanks,
Jim Allocco
Barchetta Mia #565

Get 6 months of FREE* MSN Internet access!
http://click.egroups.com/1/5725/10/_/476031/_/961711729/