[alberg30] Transducer Mounting

rap1208 at aol.com rap1208 at aol.com
Thu Jun 22 17:10:54 PDT 2000

Jim   My hull did not have a core, but it was more than 1/2 ubch thick.  I
installed a paddle wheel knot log.  My Datamarine depth finder works fine.  I
am quite happy with the 8 ft and 4ft alarms.  I always leave mine on 8 ft.
In the (waterbox) it is a foot below the water.  It works fine, except the
max depth is aomewhat limited.  It goes off soundings (msg signal) at around
97 ft.  But hell, I usuall know where I am at that depth anyway  (Lk Huron).
I would do the same again for three reasons.
    1  it is easier to install.
    2  You don't have to put another hole in the boat
    3 There is less drag in the water

just my opinion
Russ

GIVE YOUR WIFE A BREAK! Lowest prices on maids, lawn care, carpet
cleaning, painting and remodeling services in your area at our new FREE website.
http://click.egroups.com/1/5744/10/_/476031/_/961719065/