[alberg30] leading lines aft

alberg30 alberg30 at interactive.net
Wed Mar 1 19:51:13 PST 2000

I have been reading about leading lines aft for short handed sailing. I am curious what hardware other owners have installed or have already, for this purpose.

Do you need one winch on the cabin top or two if you are just going to lead the main halyard, jib halyard, and toping lift aft? What type of cleats do you recommend for the lines: clam, cam, etc.

Without the addition of roller furling, would leading lines aft be worth while?

I am also curious about whether you employ lazy jacks.

Thanks:

Joe #499
"One Less Traveled"