[alberg30] leading lines aft

Guy Lalonde lalondegc at videotron.ca
Thu Mar 2 03:59:04 PST 2000

Hi Joe,

if it is only for 3 lines, one winch should do. You would need a control line organizer at the bottom of your mast and 3 blocks, then a line organizer (basically a box with 3 sheaves) at the forward end of the higher portion of the cabin, a line clutch (a triple one) and something like a # 16 one speed regular winch or even better a self-tailer. To help you determine what you need check out Spinlock's web site, they have a page called Deck Layouts which can help you "design" your own system:

http://www.spinlock.co.uk/

If ever later you needed to bring more lines aft, you do the some thing on the other side. You could install another winch or you could install one of those Harken crossover blocks which is a sheave really. You install it behind the line clutches, you wrap the line you want to pull around it and cross the line over to the winch on the other side.

Cheers,
Guy.