[alberg30] hull 267 for sale

Ian Bergman ianbogeyman at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 23 06:05:58 PST 2000

From: "Ian Bergman" <ianbogeyman at hotmail.com>

Greetings

I am hauled out in Shadyside MD, and find I am no longer using the
boat as much as I would like. I am also about to leave for Turkey,
and do not really want to sail all that way, especially as I might
miss the beginning of my new employment.

The boat has no gel coat blisters below the waterline, and if anyone
wanted to seal the bottom, it has been hauled out since the end of
1998 (October), therefore the hull has had a chance to dry out. I
have never noticed any wet spots that there might have been.

I put a new bearing on the base of the rudder post a few years ago as
it was only loosely sitting in the shoe.

I have removed and disposed of the engine, and so have a nice storage
space under the cockpit; however if you have a line on a diesel
engine, now would be a perfect opportunity to put it in.

I put in a Henderson hand bilge pump, but have only used it when I
wanted to test it. The bilges remain very dry.

I have rebedded the toerails and increased the size of the chainplate
bolts. I have removed and inserted a new piece of bulkhead where some
rot had started by the port main chainplate.

There are two mainsails, two gennys and a working jib. There is also
an MPS. I have raised the saloon bunks by four inches, for extra
storage space, but they can easily be returned to original. I have
sealed the through deck hatch to the ice box, and replaced the lid
with smoked plexiglass. I have also put smoked plexiglass in the
large window spaces, and overlapped the deckhouse cutout, but the
overlap is hidden by the aluminum frame.  The forward hatch has a
smoked plexiglass cover. There is a selfsteering vane (Atoms)
attached, although I must return that to the friend who lent it to me.

I have put in mast head tricolor light and a vhf antenna at the top
of the mast. I have two 20watt solar panels for the electrictrical
needs (which ain't much), but are quite satisfactory. There are also
half a dozen blue water jugs for extended journeys. There is a
holding tank under the forward portside V-berth, and I have never
smelled any mal odors on the boat.

There are three 22lb Claw anchors, with 150 feet of rode each. Two
have 30feet each, quarter inch chain, and one has thirty feet of
three eighths chain. I hate to drag anchor, especially when I want to
ignore the weather at three in the morning (or afternoon, when those
Chesapeake Bay thunderstorms come charging through!)

If you make me an offer I can't refuse, the boat is yours. I am
thinking in terms of $9750.00

I am not on the phone, so e-mail is my best method of cantact for
right now.

Ian Bergman <ianbogeyman at hotmail.com>

as low as 0.0% Intro APR and no hidden fees.
Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/975/5/_/476031/_/953820368/