[alberg30] Alberg 30 for sale?

John Bailey baileyje at voyager.net
Sun Mar 12 18:20:58 PST 2000

Greg,

I have an Alberg 30 for sale.  She's in Mackinaw City in Michigan.  Where
are you located?  You can get information by looking at
www.yachtworld.com.  I believe mine is the only Alberg 30 at that site for
sale in Michigan.  If you are interested, let me know.  I have a survey
from last summer.  I have attached more information.

John Bailey
"Zevulun" #33

Zevulun

Alberg 30
1964 Hull #33

John Bailey
338 Sunshine Lane
Gaylord, MI  49735
517/732-3392 (Home)
517/731-4420 (Work)
baileyje at Voyager.net

Designer        Carl
Alberg             LOA     30              Beam    8'9"            Draft
4'3"

Hull
Color      white                   Headroom        6'1"    Discplament
9,000

Equipment

Depth Sounder                   Compass                 Knotmeter (does not
work)
Loran                           Stereo                          Dock Lines
Fenders                 Dodger (poor shape)             Roller furling
Fire Ex. (1)                    Life Jackets
(6)                        Horseshoe Life-ring
New Sail Cover                  Lifelines                       Swimming Ladder
Winches (5)                     Manual Bilge Pump               Electric
Bilge Pump
Anchors (2 Danforth)

Engine  Universal Diesel, 15 hp.  Has been serviced twice in the last year
with everything checking out positive.  Never misses a beat.  12 gallon tank.

Head    Relatively new head.  No holding tank.  We have not used the head
in the year we have had the boat.

Galley  Has a two burner Alcohol stove top.  We have not used it and do not
know if it works.  The water tank is in the V-berth and at some point has
been disconnected.  The ice chest is the old style side opening with a
refrigeration unit.  We don't believe the refrigeration unit works.

Batteries       Two new West Marine Dual Purpose.

Battery
Charger Is new and mounted but has not been hooked-up.

Radio   VHF worked well until the last sail of the year in November.  At
that time we could receive but not send.

Wiring  Most wiring has been replaced.  Summer 1999

Sails   Main and 125 Genoa are 4 seasons old.  Main is full
battened.  There is also the original Main, original Genoa, Working Jib,
and a Drifter with spinnaker pole.

Interior        All the cushions have been redone in teal Sunbrella.  The
woodwork is in good shape.  The interior looks very nice and is comfortable.

"Zevulun" is a rugged little cruiser.  She has a very smooth motion and is
a joy to sail.  While not being fast by today's standards, she moves along
very well as she was a racer/cruiser in her day.  Structurally she is very
sound with no delamination, compression under the mast or blisters.  She is
in need of some cosmetic work, but she is so sweet to sail the work seemed
to put off all summer.