[alberg30] Re: [a30] Cockpit Coamings

Guy Lalonde lalondegc at videotron.ca
Tue May 2 17:29:52 PDT 2000

Ronald, another alternative.

Rather than varnish the underside of the toe rail and have to redo it every
few years, seal the undersides permanently with epoxy. Brush on a few very
thin coats of epoxy to the underside of the toe rail (without any filler
just the resin & hardener mix, maybe a barrier coat additive but not
absolutely necessary to do the job) . Any moisture that may find it`s way
under the toe rail will not get wicked up into the wood.

Guy