[alberg30] bilge plumbin'

Anne annes at chesapeake.net
Sat May 20 20:52:56 PDT 2000

We've looked through the maintenance manual and there is little information
regarding how to plumb the bilge pump. We plan on installing one low-volume
automatic pump and one high-volume on-demand pump. Where is the optimum
place to plumb the bilge outflow? We know that the bilge output has to be
above the waterline. The only convenient access points are the cockpit
drains, however they aren't very far above the waterline (as is the galley
sink drain). We would like to avoid plumbing to the engine water exhaust.
Should we add another thru hull above the waterline? Where is the best
location...transom?... adjacent cockpit locker? Should the outputs of the
two bilge pumps be isolated to separate thru hulls.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
Anne and Brent
Macinda

SHOPPING for DEALS? The merchants at BuyItOnline.com are offering up
to 30% OFF great gear, wear, gadgets and more, now through April 15,
2000. Real stores. Real Deals. Real Easy. Go get something great!
http://click.egroups.com/1/3025/8/_/476031/_/958880902/