[alberg30] bilge plumbin'

Alan P. Kefauver apk2 at home.com
Sun May 21 06:48:43 PDT 2000

I put a Rule Platinum automatic pump in the sump right in front of the engine. Goes to a 3/4" nylon through hull on the starboard stern. I probaly should have a check valve, but I ran the hose along the inside/outboard top of the starboard seat locker with a loop that is well above the waterline. I wold have to put the cockpit coamings in the water for it to siphon. I kept the whale gusher manually operated pump that was on the boat in the starboard locker. It is equipped  with a hose that flips over the side.
Alan
Andante #152 (engine install Wednesday!!!)

On 5/20/2000 at 11:52 PM Anne wrote:

>We've looked through the maintenance manual and there is little information
>regarding how to plumb the bilge pump. We plan on installing one low-volume
>automatic pump and one high-volume on-demand pump. Where is the optimum
>place to plumb the bilge outflow? We know that the bilge output has to be
>above the waterline. The only convenient access points are the cockpit
>drains, however they aren't very far above the waterline (as is the galley
>sink drain). We would like to avoid plumbing to the engine water exhaust.
>Should we add another thru hull above the waterline? Where is the best
>location...transom?... adjacent cockpit locker? Should the outputs of the
>two bilge pumps be isolated to separate thru hulls.
>
>Any suggestions are appreciated.
>
>Thanks
>Anne and Brent
>Macinda

>SHOPPING for DEALS? The merchants at BuyItOnline.com are offering up
>to 30% OFF great gear, wear, gadgets and more, now through April 15,
>2000. Real stores. Real Deals. Real Easy. Go get something great!

GET WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE FREE!  GET THE OFFICIAL COMPANION
TO TELEVISION'S HOTTEST GAME SHOW PHENOMENON PLUS 5 MORE BOOKS FOR
$2.  Click for details.
http://click.egroups.com/1/3014/8/_/476031/_/958917019/