[alberg30] Bimini Top

Dick Filinich daf at mobiletel.com
Sat May 27 18:20:40 PDT 2000

Hey All:North Sails did modification on main sail,shortened it to raise
boom to install bimini.The sail was cut 12" from top,new plate installed
and moved one batten pocket down a bit,didn't lose a square foot of
sail.More simple and cheaper than cutting from bottom,what do I know
about sail making?This coming week my bimini will be built and I am
wrestling with the final decision on length.My catalogs show 6' as
standard length for 3 bow and 8' for 4 bow top.Does anyone on the list
have a bimini top longer than 6'.I took some more measurements today and
I'm just about decided to have a 7' three or 4 bow top built.The back of
the unit will be a few inches in front of the traveler,to allow for main
sheet angle on down wind point of sail.And the front will be half way
across companionway hatch.With 4" gap beneath boom, head room will still
be around 6'.Will take final measurement tomorrow if wind dies down
enough to raise main for exact height measurement.There must be a shift
in weather or something,we are still getting strong winds down here,more
than what I remember to be normal.Funny never paid that close attention
to winds until I got into sailing.Hey I need some final feed back on
bimini's anyone with 6' or longer top.Thanks

Dick #191 High Spirits

Remember the good 'ol days
http://click.egroups.com/1/4053/8/_/476031/_/959476452/