[alberg30] shroud tension

rap1208 at aol.com rap1208 at aol.com
Mon May 8 10:02:43 PDT 2000

Shawn....My best advice is, not too tight.In my opinion all shrouds should
have some slack in them. but the uppers should be a little tighter, and I
have  an adjustable back stay, so I loosen that everytime I get off the boat,
to relieve the tension.  I can't point with fin keel boats anyway, why try,
and hurt the boat.  If your lee shrouds art tight , then I think they have
too much tension.  Mine are aways slightly slack.
 You will , of course, get other opinions. I have only had my boat 13 years,
and it is only the 3rd Alberg design that I have had, perhaps I am still
learning a lot
Russ Pfeiffer

http://click.egroups.com/1/3555/8/_/476031/_/957805367/