[alberg30] shroud tension

sandersm at aol.com sandersm at aol.com
Tue May 9 05:01:37 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/8/00 9:39:24 PM, sutherlandt at prodigy.net writes:

>Sanders .... be sure and give us a report on the "Honey Teak" when you
>have had a chance to evaluate it.

The boat is three hours from me ... and I finished after dark, so I don't
know how it looks, yet.  I can tell you that I was able to put four coats (2
amber base coats, 2 clear finish coats) on the toerail and 6 coats (3/3) on
the hatches and coamings, in about 14 hours of grueling labor.  The stuff
goes on wet-on-wet without sanding in between, so your agony lasts only a day.

I asked the yard manager at Dodson's how it looked.  He said the color was
excellent, superior to Sikkens (their synthetic of choice), but that it
looked "heavy" and that it would probably look better had I thinned it a bit
more.  Oh well, live and learn.  He said it was a vast improvement over the
bare teak, so I'm hoping that "heavy" is by comparison with all the
brightwork on those pristine Concordias they keep in immaculate condition up
there.

I'll take some pix the next time I'm up there and email them to whoever's
interested.

Sanders McNew
WILD ELF  # 297

Get your money connected @ OnMoney.com - the first Web site that lets
you see and manage all of your finances all in one place.
http://click.egroups.com/1/3012/8/_/476031/_/957873707/