[alberg30] GPSs

Robert Kirk kirk at neptune.gsfc.nasa.gov
Sat May 13 14:06:28 PDT 2000

At 10:51 AM 10-05-00 -0400, Gordon White wrote:

>     Anyone know of a low-buck GPS which is SIMPLE? No extra bells &
>whistles, just a way to enter waypoints in lat/long in less than 15
>minutes each and lay out a course ?

If you have a Garmin there are at least two FREE programs which let you do
the waypoints on your computer and the download them to the GPS. They also
go the other way and let you plot tracks later on your computer and store
your new waypoints. Try:

http://www.tapr.org/~kh2z/Waypoint/

http://www.proaxis.com/~crh/gps/g7towin/g7towin.htm

The former also interfaces to a laptop and plots your position on a Street
Atlas map. But you don't need to use that feature.

I think the latter also works on Magellan, too.

Bob Kirk
Isobar #181

72% off on Name brand Watches!
Come and buy today and get free shipping!
http://click.egroups.com/1/4011/8/_/476031/_/958241287/