[alberg30] Cutlass Bearing Replacement & Zinc

miabarchet at aol.com miabarchet at aol.com
Tue May 16 18:44:34 PDT 2000

Dave ,

Thanks for the advice, the prop and stem gland came off with no problem. I
have to drill out the set screws and they are in to stay.  I believe this is
the first time the cutlass bearing has been replaced as the previous owner
only daysailed the boat. I don't know where I'll be able to find bronze
screws or bolts maybe someone has a suggestion.

I do have a question about replacing the gland. Does anyone know what type of
caulk/sealant to use?  A mechanic at the marina recommend 3M 4200. It's a
polyurethane with 1/2 the strength of 5200 to allow for disassembly. Any
other suggestions?

Jim Allocco
Barchetta Mia  #565

http://click.egroups.com/1/4054/8/_/476031/_/958529396/