[alberg30] OpSail 2000, New York Harbor

David Bogle BOGLE at BWAY.NET
Mon May 1 20:33:23 PDT 2000

sandersm at aol.com wrote:

> ...snip...  Rupert Murdoch keeps MORNING GLORY, a 185-foot
> ketch...snip... MORNING
> GLORY and KNICKERBOCKER are so big, that they could hang an A30 in davits as
> tenders; their main masts are so tall that they cannot pass underneath the
> East River bridges, and must round Montauk to make New York Harbor.

Sanders,

Thanks for the note.  I saw one of these (or a similar huge modern
sailboat) in November and was truly amazed.  Tried to guess the footage
at around 200 ft. and could hardly believe my eyes.  It came and went
one evening, and I thought I'd never see it again.  I was figuring more
along the lines of a prince of Kuwait, Quatar, Saudi Arabia, etc.

We'll look for your in OB.

Regards,
David
David Bogle
brooklyn, ny

Would you like to save big on your phone bill -- and keep on saving
more each month? Join beMANY! Our huge buying group gives you Long Distance
rates which fall monthly, plus an extra $60 in FREE calls!
http://click.egroups.com/1/2567/5/_/476031/_/957238504/