[alberg30] OT but probably relevant to most Albegers

rap1208 at aol.com rap1208 at aol.com
Sun May 21 12:13:10 PDT 2000

Jack, always a problem when you do that.  Next time screw in the screws fto
lightly seat, while counting the turns it took, then when you replace them
you will know where to go.  But this is now, so if it needs all that choke to
start then dies, it is still not getting enough gas.  This would not be the
idle screw, but the fuel adjustment screw.
 I do not own this outboard, but have played with two strokes for a long
time.  I would try starting with the idle screw out about 2 turns, and don't
play with that until the engine is running at half throtle.  Open the main
fuel valve so it gets more gas, and try again, then open it some more, until
it keeps going.  Whe  you have it running, then you can start adusting the
idle.  Remember when the enginr is at idle, when you open the trottle, it
should accelerate cleanly, if it stops the idle is too lean, and if it loads
up for a minute, the idle is too rich.  This is bretty basic with 2 strokes.

Lets hope that someone has a manual and  sends you suggestions from that.
Hope I helped you a little.
 Russ Pfeiffer

Remember the good 'ol days
http://click.egroups.com/1/4053/8/_/476031/_/958936398/