[alberg30] Chlorination of Ship's Fresh Water

John Birch sunstone at idirect.com
Fri May 26 08:16:31 PDT 2000

Marianne;

Great points, one question though, I have read a number of articles about
chlorination and possible cancer links.  Wouldn't a good quality dechlorinating
silver halide, activated charcoal water filter be prudent to catch the extra
chlorine added from the tank?

Certainly chlorine has saved infinitely more lives by ensuring a safer water
supply than it may have taken from inducing cancer, but reducing risk across the
board seems prudent.  So would the filter work effectively?

Thanks,

John