[alberg30] Try to avoid this

Douglas Wight doug at recorder.ca
Fri May 26 18:36:09 PDT 2000

I had the same problem one year with the floor boards lifted up and floating on about 4 inches of ice.  The January rains always used to end in the bilge.  The cure to all my worries was to install a garboard plug about 2 inches above the bottom of the bilge.  I have never again had this problem and now have perfect peace of mind in this regard. Doug Wight "Owlet" # 603.