[alberg30] clorination of ships water

Jack Vanderloo jvdloo at sympatico.ca
Mon May 29 13:31:04 PDT 2000

Ahoy Hugh,

Thanks for the practical rule of thumb - especially one that resulted in a
healthy off-spring!

A quick calculation of your ratios:
1 tsp = 5 cc
1 gallon (US) = 4 litres = 4000 cc
5 gallons (US) = 20000 cc
Therefore: 1 tsp/5 gallon = 1/4000 dilution

While, intuitively, that would have been a ratio that I would not have been
uncomfortable using in the past, it does diverge somewhat appreciably from
Marianne's recommendation.

The important aspect of your recommendation is that it carried you safely around
a large part of the world - certainly not something to be sneeezed at.  We'll
see when Marrianne comes in with her test procedure.

Thanks for the input.

Jack

Old school buds here:
http://click.egroups.com/1/4057/8/_/476031/_/959632211/