[Alberg30] rigging

Charles Haggart chaggart at sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 28 06:07:47 PST 2000

  | Visit the incipient Alberg 30 Online Store |
  |      http://www.alberg30.org/store/        |
You can replace your own rigging. Take accurate measurements and you'll be
fine, any rigging shop can swag your fitting on for you and you'll save on
the labour costs by doing it yourself. Personally I think this type of
maintenance should be undertaken by the boat owner, you'll completely
understand your rigging after a refit like that and that's important. I sail
in fresh water and use 302 stainless. 302 develops rust marks in salt water
(which apparently does not affect the performance of the rigging). If you go
to 316 Stainless you'll have to move up a size because 316 is about 30%
weaker than 302 of the same size.