[Alberg30] holding tank

Mpete53 at aol.com Mpete53 at aol.com
Mon Oct 2 17:18:17 PDT 2000

  | Wow! Save big bucks through October 31 at Sailnet's online store. |
  | Go to http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066   |
  | and use the e-coupon code APMK18                                  |

Kevin

    The liner is separate from the hull by anywhere from 1/2 to 1 1/2. So far
I have no odor that I know of that comes from the tank not including the vent
in the transom. I am hopping that the West epoxy will prevent the migration.
No mechanical fasteners were used to hold the top on just 3M 5200. While this
puts a lot of faith in the 5200, it prevents leaks around the fasteners like
the ones that plague the water tank in the A30.

    Capacity, rough guess about 12 gal. While cursing with my wife and two
young daughters we got about 2 days out of it (Flushing water was used
sparingly).

Making the top is not for everyone by any means. A plastic tank using the
full space in the keel rather then just the inner liner would be a better
solution. I do feel that the roughing I used for the hoses worked well and
would be glad to pass the info on if anyone gets a tank in the keel.

Mark