[Alberg30] Prop

TS7007 at aol.com TS7007 at aol.com
Wed Oct 4 04:46:05 PDT 2000

  +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
  | The BT Global Challenge, a round-the-world race of matched boats sailing against the    |
  | prevailing winds, leaves Boston October 15 for Buenos Aires.  Check it out, online, at  |
  | http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=22673860&siteid=32743498&bfpage=bt_challenge |
  +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
Can anybody offer expierence with three blade props. I moved Mandolaire my
A-30 from Maine to Nyack NY last week single handed. Had a great trip with a
good mix of weather... However as I get her ready to go the Intercoastal and
down the thorny path I realize from the trip to here that she is seriously
lacking in power. My little Universal diesel (11hp ran great used 6 gal of
fuel ) but just did not have the umph tp push her thru the current. I would
like to know if anyone has used the three blade prop to help this and what
size and pitch...
Tom Seybold
A-30 #5
Mandolaire