[Alberg30] Alcohol Stove

Bob Johns rjohns3 at optonline.net
Sun Oct 1 20:36:42 PDT 2000

  | Wow! Save big bucks through October 31 at Sailnet's online store. |
  | Go to http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066   |
  | and use the e-coupon code APMK18                                  |

>>"Fuel vapors are invisible, explosive and can be ignited by ignition
>>sources many feet/meters away.
>>"Always fill outdoors. Do not open, use, or store near heat,
>>sparks, flame, pilot lights, stoves, furnaces,water heaters, or electric
>>devices.

>Just to play Devil's advocate, if I may, how is alcohol any different?-The
>old saw about water putting out alcohol is false-It'll splatter around just
>like any other fuel.

Michael,

I didn't say anything about putting out gasoline fires with water. Alcohol
does not blow up boats - it can damage a boat with fire. Gasoline blows up
boats. See the word "explosive" in the quote above.

Bob