[Alberg30] Alcohol Stove

Bob Johns rjohns3 at optonline.net
Sun Oct 1 12:39:12 PDT 2000

  | Wow! Save big bucks through October 31 at Sailnet's online store. |
  | Go to http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066   |
  | and use the e-coupon code APMK18                                  |

> H o w e v e r ,   I   a l w a y s   f i n d     m y s e l f   g o i n g
> b a c k   t o   p l a i n   o l d   C o l e m a n s   f r o m
> W a l - m a r t . & n b s p ;   >Th a t   w h a t   I   u s e   n o w
> e v e n   t h o u g h   I   h a v e   a   p e r f e c t l y   g o o d
> a n d   e x p e n s i v e   h i g h   t e c h   >mode l
> a l s o . & n b s p ;   M y     o n l y   p r o b l e m   w i t h
> g o i n g   t h i s   r o u t e   i s   m a k i n g   s u r e
> e v e r y t h i n g   >stays   i n   pla c e    d u r i n g   r o u g h
> c o n d i t i o n s . & n b s p ;   I s   t h i s   a   p r o b l e m
> t h a t   o t h e r s   h a v e   h a d ,   i f   >s o ,     h o w
> h a v e   y o u   c o m p e n s a t e d .

Hi John,

We used to do a lot of camping a long time ago and we used a two burner
Coleman stove. We were very happy with the stove for camping. However,
unless Coleman has a different design for their liquid fueled stove than we
own, the fuel it burns is unleaded GASOLINE. We bought a new can of fuel
for the stove and for a Coleman lantern less than a year ago and I just
checked the can. There is no doubt that it is still the same fuel.  They
even use the term "unleaded".

The warnings on the can say:
"Fuel vapors are invisible, explosive and can be ignited by ignition
sources many feet/meters away.
	"Always fill outdoors. Do not open, use, or store near heat,
sparks, flame, pilot lights, stoves, furnaces,water heaters, or electric
devices. Never fill hot camping appliances. Always light and use appliances
outdoors; never inside house, camper, tent or other unventilated or
enclosed areas."

Don't even think about using a Coleman stove on a boat! I don't know about
the other camping stoves you have but they may also use the same type of
fuel.

Regards,
	Bob Johns, A30 397, Windcall