[Alberg30] Alberg 30 Rudder post

Bob Lincoln lincoln at cc.UManitoba.CA
Mon Oct 16 17:44:44 PDT 2000

  | Wow! Save big bucks through October 31 at Sailnet's online store. |
  | Go to http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066   |
  | and use the e-coupon code APMK18                                  |

Dear John,
On #590 there is a stuffing box a bit above the rudder tube.
Adding new flax packing two years ago & tightening up stopped
the water drip.  Also I used some of that mylar shim stock to
surround the shaft where it comes out of the cockpit.  I was
going to clean up & add more epoxy to the area where the shaft
tube comes out of the hull, but haven't done that yet. The rest
of the rudder isn't loose on the pintles, or foot.  No leaks so
far.
Bob Lincoln
Indigo #590