[alberg30] Shifter Cable

Robert Kirk kirk at neptune.gsfc.nasa.gov
Fri Sep 1 11:18:57 PDT 2000

Find out Anything about Anyone!
NET DETECTIVE 2000
http://click.egroups.com/1/9015/10/_/476031/_/967821511/

>I am trying to purchase a replacement shifter cable
>for an Alberg30.  The cable I have is a Morse
>304263-004-048. Does anyone know where I can order a
>replacement cable?  I have tried but nobody seems to
>know where to find a 4-foot cable with these
>characteristics.

I went through the same thing for a throttle cable.  I tracked down the
cable thru Morse who doesn't sell retail.  As I recall they had to
custom-make it since it is no longer one of their stock items.  I called
Defender which did the retail ordering and had it drop-shipped to me.  They
were very helpful.

Give it plenty of time - Morse was in no hurry. Defender was cooperative in
gigging them occasionally when I called. It eventually worked out fine and
will be a nice way of occupying your otherwise boring Winter. Maybe the
shifter is a stock item.

Bob Kirk
Isobar #181