[Alberg30] Help....

David Bogle bogle at bway.net
Mon Sep 11 19:40:44 PDT 2000

[Advertisement: Check <A href="http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066">SailNet's online store</A> for your equipment needs.]

Bill Kerr wrote:

> [Advertisement: Check <A href="http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066">SailNet's online store</A> for your equipment needs.]
>
> I subscribed to the A30 list a month or more ago because I've thought about
> getting one.  I currently sail a Columbia 26 (not mkII) and I won't be
> trading up too soon.
>
> My problem is technical.  I elected to read the list on-line only.  The
> E-Groups site shows that I'm not to be sent list traffic yet I suddenly have
> started getting it.  I've checked the settings at "My Groups" and everything
> seems correct.  Do any of you know how this is happening or have
> suggestions.  I don't want to unsubscribe but I average 50 e-mails a day and
> can't handle any more.
>
> Thanks
>
> Bill Kerr
> C-26 Avion

browser.  Scroll down until you see the Public-list Subscribers section
a the bottom.  Enter your email address in the last box (To change your
...) and hit the Edit Options button.

>From that page you can unsubscribe, set options for disabling mail,
etc., but you need your password.  Mine was e-mailed to me yesterday.
I'm guessing that the list was transferred to a new company in one of
the conglomerating mergers of the e-business world.  This happened to
"oneList" and some others that I've known of.

I'm going to let the messages flow for a few days.  I've learned a bit
from this list and made a local contact as well.  You must learn to use
the delete key, but first set up a filter to send all Alberg30 messages
into it's own INBOX, then sort the messages by subject, select groups
and hit delete.  This way you can do the maintenance of the list weekly
if you like.

Regards,
David