[Alberg30] Help....

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at min.net
Tue Sep 12 14:21:15 PDT 2000

[Advertisement: Check <A href="http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066">SailNet's online store</A> for your equipment needs.]

> David Bogle said:
> 	[snip]
> I'm guessing that the list was transferred to a new company in one of
> the conglomerating mergers of the e-business world.  This happened to
> "oneList" and some others that I've known of.

Actually, what happened is that I moved the list off of the commercial
free list manager (that was OneList, then eGroups, now Yahoo) to the
alberg30.org domain where I can have more control.  Personally, I was
very annoyed with the big advertising banners that Yahoo put at the
top of the messages.

> I'm going to let the messages flow for a few days.  I've learned a bit
> from this list and made a local contact as well.  You must learn to use
> the delete key, but first set up a filter to send all Alberg30 messages
> into it's own INBOX, then sort the messages by subject, select groups
> and hit delete.  This way you can do the maintenance of the list weekly
> if you like.

I'm glad you find the list of value.  Actually, that's the way I generally
handle the list (and other lists).  By segregating the messages to
their own folder, I can deal with them in my own time.  By leaving them
as individual messages, my email software (I use Netscape at home)
can thread them into conversations.

 - George

  George Dinwiddie                                  gdinwiddie at min.net
  sailing.                         NEW URL => http://www.Alberg30.org/