[Alberg30] fisherman's reef question

Jack Vanderloo jvdloo at sympatico.ca
Thu Sep 21 05:45:48 PDT 2000

Lee,

It was in response to George's comments, as follows:

"Gord,

  I've not used such a jib, but I've heard they work well.  I'd suggest
  the first thing to do is to really flatten the main.  If it's old,
  you probably have too much draft in it.  If you can't flatten the
  main enough, let it luff a bit.  The A30 sails amazingly well with
  a big bubble in the luff of the main.  This helps it stand up when
  the main is too full for the winds.

   - George "