[Alberg30] Resins

Tom Sutherland sutherlandt at prodigy.net
Thu Sep 28 15:34:27 PDT 2000

  | Wow! Save big bucks through October 31 at Sailnet's online store. |
  | Go to http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066   |
  | and use the e-coupon code APMK18                                  |

George ... Thanks for the info. In that you seem well informed on the subject
let me run an idea by you that also addresses  the holding tank question.

My idea was to form a holding tank out of styrofoam (maybe one large block) to
fit the area behind the head. I was going to contour it fit the shape of the
hull, maybe lower the shelf if needed, until I had an adequate size for a
proper holding tank. I believe this can be shaped very easily with coarse
sanding , a rasp , and razor knife. Then I would cover the form with epoxy and
matte or woven roving or both until the necessary thickness was achieved.  Next
it is my understanding one can cut a hole and pour in lacquer thinner and it
will melt the styrofoam and it can be poured out.  Now you use a hole saw to
make the necessary openings and purchase the necessary kit from West Marine (or
other supplier) for inlet, outlet, vents etc.

I would need to do a bit more research of coarse but in your opinion is this a
feasible?  Or should I SC the idea ?