[Alberg30] prop shaft thread

Fraser, Kent W. Kent.Fraser at vtmednet.org
Mon Apr 2 06:49:28 PDT 2001

My prop shaft threads, aft of the prop, and the nut threads are corroded,
probably from galvanic action.  It's in fresh water now on Lake Champlain.
The remaining shaft inside the threads is down to 1/2" diameter.  Is there a
reason that I should not re-thread, with that limited of a width?  The
shipyard is advising that I replace the shaft, and I'd like to check into
re-threading 1st.

Kent Fraser
Manager, Telecommunications
Fletcher Allen Health Care
1 South Prospect St.
Burlington, VT 05401
(802) 847-5655
(802) 847-5885 fax

 | Rough conditions in the Southern Ocean. Read about the brutal challenges. |
 | http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=22673860=32743498=bt_challenge |