[Alberg30] Displacement? and mast support?

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 20 10:36:36 PDT 2001

Can't help you with the weight. The mast support has been the weak spot on
the older boats (pre 400) because it is deck stepped and the main beam is
laminated wood. The good news is...it is easily repaired and reinforced and
many boats have had this proceedure done. I would not let a sagging beam
prevent me from buying an otherwise great boat, provided you find one in
good condition at a fair price. Without the forward cabin door installed, I
would look for evidence a "flat spot" in the cabin ceiling and a dimple
behind the mast on the deck. Another way to tell is if the tape on the
forward cabin at the top of the door and around the top of the beam is
broken or loose. Hope this helps

I'm BACK! Turns out my new job isn't as time consuming as I had expected it
to be.

Mike Lehman
"Gilleleje"
505