[Alberg30] LOA?

R.C. Alley ralley at chesapeake.net
Sun Apr 22 19:20:41 PDT 2001

Mr. K:  Generally, you should measure--the bow and stern pulpits are
variable, some installed by Whitby, some by owners, etc.  My 1967 (# 219) is
almist exactly 30 feet 3 inches on deck. The designed waterline is 22 feet.

I would say that any damned fool in a marina who wants to charge you for a
few inches of overhanging bow or stern pulpit  (or a short anchor overhang)
needs to be allowed to charge somebody else..... In this part of the planet,
an Alberg 30 is considered to be 30 feet.  Until it gets to 31 feet, on
deck, at the centerline, it is still a 30 foot boat.

You might find a bit more leeway in the marinas north of Seattle. You can do
a lot worse than access to the San Juans in an hour or so by car....

Rob Alley