[Alberg30] Help-Big Problem

SwiftLaw at aol.com SwiftLaw at aol.com
Sun Apr 29 16:22:50 PDT 2001

In a message dated 4/29/01 5:20:09 PM Central Daylight Time,
fritz at intra-dimension.com writes:

> It is simply a matter of adding
> 3/8 inch aluminum peices to both sides of the wooden brace after it has

Thanks so much. I feel better. But- How does the aluminum plate help the
structure relieve pressure from the top downwards? I saw the pix but I don't
get the concept.

My first thought was to lay a stainlees sheet across the bottom of the beam
(after jacking it up and then matching one on the deck , and threw bolt it.
Like a sandwich.
Thoughts ?

So very happy to have this resource of fellow sailors!

Tom Swift Chicago