[Alberg30] Bilge pump

Wilhelm Ydel bydel at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 6 12:22:30 PDT 2001

I would be very interested in how others have installed their bilge pumps. On SallyB #441 (with a floor liner) the automatic bilge pump hangs on a strap at the back end of the battery compartment directly at the foot of the stairs. From there to the stern and the through hull is such a long run that the amount of water that runs back after the pump shuts off is just about enough to start the pump again. I put in a check valve, which I understand is a no no, but I am just not satisfied with the setup.
Should I get the pump out of the bilge and just have a float switch??

Bill
phone 704-277-7300
fax      704-364-0907
Bill at ydelco.com