[Alberg30] Bilge pump

Brian and Elaine Timmins timmins at optonline.net
Mon Aug 6 14:22:56 PDT 2001

I have mine set up this way. Small Par electric diaphragm pump in the after part of the port cockpit locker. A hose (3/4 I think) runs through a hole in the cockpit support plywood and down under the aft end of the liner to the deepest part of the bilge and has a bronze strainer there. The output of the pump runs up to the deck aft of the cockpit (under the traveler) and the down to an above the waterline thru hull on the starboard quarter. I originally had this exact set up but with a ShurFlow blaster pump. It worked but when some crud got into the blaster, it needed to be rebuilt (constantly). The small Par diaphragm pump is very dependable, but don't count on it saving the boat if you get holed.
By the way, this was the first ever electric bilge pump installation. Built in 72 and finally a bilge pump (electric) installed in 96 and replaced in 98.
Brian    #497