[Alberg30] Electronic Ignition

Crufone at aol.com Crufone at aol.com
Wed Aug 15 13:02:24 PDT 2001

Peter,
I am a mechanic.  I don't see the need for the electronic ignition update on
a flat head farm tractor engine.......which is what the Atomic 4 is.  I have
updated engines with electronic ignition systems for performance reasons, but
not for dependability reasons.  Performance is not an issue with a 25-30 HP,
1800 RPM crusing engine, reliability is.

My advice as a Sailor and a Mechanic,  Keep the stock ignition system clean,
(dirt and grease attact and absorb moisture, the foil of any ignition
system), use a silicone spray treatment after the wires and cap are clean,
keep the engine tuned up, drain the carburetor and the tank when not in use
for extended times, use an alcohol water absorbing fuel treatment reqularly,
and most importantly  save your hard earned dollars for new sails not
electronic ignition systems.

New to the list and soon to be an A30 owner,

Michael Connolly