[Alberg30] mast compression

Sommer, John John-Sommer at idexx.com
Mon Aug 20 12:46:25 PDT 2001

There has been much talk about masonite and balsa cores.  Can someone tell
me what the difference is and what this means to the boat owner.  I know the
early boats had masonite, why did Whitby switch from masonite to balsa?

John Sommer
Mandolaire, #5

 |     http://www.alberg30.org/store/Galison.html      |
 | Beautiful notecards of the sea, and other fine art. |