[Alberg30] alberg 30 toerail

Bob Chambers BlueDolphin at rivnet.net
Thu Dec 13 12:42:42 PST 2001

Unfortunately, the best advice for this problem passed away last August.  Bruce Rankin did a number of these jobs.  While I did not help him directly on any of them, I saw some of the projects underway and I do know he did not do any steaming.  The cuts are irregular and I believe he used a hand planer to get the basic shape on each piece, had several patterns he had laid up from original rails at various sections.  Then, a number of clamps did the rest.  The rail over the transom is a compound curve, I have no suggestions on that.  Bruce may have written down some of his ideas on this, I will check and see if I can scare them up.

Bob Chambers