[Alberg30] Re: [Member-list] tunning, shroud tension

Andy Rankin andy at rankinweb.com
Fri Dec 28 08:47:28 PST 2001

On LinGin (#244) we almost always sail with a "bubble" in the main -
slightly back-winding the luff when going up wind.  We find that this
opens up the slot between the main and jib, which helps our pointing and
speed.  When the wind is really blowing we let the main go in order to
keep the leeward rail out of the water (unless we can get a reef in, of
course) and let the jib pull us along.

I don't want to give away too many of our racing secrets!

Andy Rankin