[Alberg30] Re: gudgeon(s)

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 19 05:19:40 PST 2001

Gordon, when I was renovating Valency #272, one side was missing. They are a
two-part fitting with the rudder stock as the pintle. I could not find one
anywhere, so had to have a pair custom made. I don't know if it is possible,
but I would consider having yours welded or brazed or whatever they do to
bronze. A lesson for everyone else, these are bolted onto the hull with
flat-head bolts. Over time the bolts heads are eaten away due to
electrolosis and then the oiece falls off. They are expensive and hard to
come by, so everytime your boat is hauled, this should have a careful
inspection and the bolts replaced as necessary.