[Alberg30] Lizzard

John Shell Kim.Chatfield at ev1.net
Sun Feb 25 00:00:46 PST 2001

Actually, it's a single purchase downhaul.  Tie it off to the clew, to the
lizzard (mine is halfway up the headstay) to the tack, to the cockpit.  You
could go to the head of the sail if you want (I probably will, but I'm a
creature of habit).  The idea being to pull the clew in and "break" the
sail.

Lignum vitea is a very hard and heavy wood.  I know it as being used for
cleats, blocks, belaying pins, mallets, but the shaft log is a new one,
thanks.  Interestingly, it doesn't float (learned the hard way)

New vocabulary word:  Fife rails.

John

 | Tightly-packed fleet bears down on Sydney.  Only a mile between the two leaders. |
 | http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=22673860=32743498=bt_challenge        |