[Alberg30] RE: Public-list digest, Vol 1 #89 -dripless packing

Hugh Freebairn hughfree at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 7 22:44:03 PST 2001

Ross,

I was thinking to dive and stuff conduit putty around the shaft log to stop
water from spurting in and then back the shaft log coupling nut off and
clean it out while it is still on the shaft.  Then I would pack the new
green stuff in it and screw it back on.  Do you think this will work?  Do
you think the shaft log nut should be taken off of the shaft to clean the
old stuff out?

Hugh