[Alberg30] care of teak

Lorelei23 at aol.com Lorelei23 at aol.com
Mon Jan 15 07:41:16 PST 2001

When I purchased my A30 last August, the former owner told me that the inside
teak should be "oiled" with lemon/teak oil (he left two different kinds on
the boat) about every two months.  He told me to "really slather it on" and
probably not to use the boat for a week after application because the floors
would be so slippery.  He stated that the wood would dry out and crack
otherwise.

Since purchasing the boat, others have told me that this is incorrect.  All
that oil darkens the wood.

So could you all please share your expertise on this matter.  The boat is a
1966.  She is wonderful and I want to take good care of her.  I'm having all
the deck wood (toe rail, laz. covers, etc. refinished by a professional).

I would sincerely appreciate your input.

Lorelei